The Kernos Centre has affiliations with a number of other local organisations, who either provide complementary services or with whom we co-operate in various ways.
- The Bridge Project Sudbury was setup in 1995 as a local charity to assist disadvantaged adults within the community.
- The project strives to work towards its vision, ‘a community within a community’, an inclusive place where everybody is treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Accessible vocational training, continual education and employment opportunities are provided, in a safe supportive and welcoming environment, for adults who face multiple disadvantage through their learning, physical and or ‘hidden’ disabilities.
- The Befriending Scheme provides friendship and learning opportunities for adults (16yrs+) from vulnerable groups, including those with mental health needs and older people, as well as people with learning disabilities.
- Founded in 1989 its core activities are running regular drop-in centres, now known as Hubs, building meaningful 1-to-1 friendships between vulnerable people and volunteer Befrienders, evening Befrienders Clubs and Saturday morning groups.
- It also runs one-off themed activity days, workshops and social events as well as providing volunteer training and support for Carers across the county.
Eden Rose Coppice
- Eden Rose Coppice is a natural woodland retreat specifically designed as a stress free refuge for people living with cancer or terminal illnesses.
- Working in partnership with educational institutions, most of the woodland development is carried out by young people living with learning disabilities, complex needs or life limiting conditions.
Age UK Suffolk
- Age UK Suffolk provides a wide variety of help and assistance to older people across the county, referring people to Kernos as appropriate.
- Crossroads Care East Anglia provides a wide range of services and support for Carers, tailor-made to their needs.
- Its services can be either home or community based.
- Trained professional Carer support workers are employed, who provide flexible services for people of all ages, health conditions and disabilities.
- The Richmond Fellowship is a specialist provider of mental health services, with a mission to make recovery reality
- It believes that everyone has a right to participate fully in society and gives people with mental health problems encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Compassion addresses Domestic Abuse in Babergh District
- Kernos provides clients with information about Compassion and the Freedom Project –a support group for survivors of Domestic Abuse.
- Compassion refers clients to Kernos for counselling support.
- Offshoot Films worked with Kernos and local Young People on the Suffolk County Council project “Giving Young People A Voice in Their Wellbeing”
- After attending workshops for writing, performing, editing & filming, young people from the Sudbury & Great Cornard Young Film-makers and students from Ormiston Academy made three short films based on mental health issues that affect them.
Sudbury Children’s Centres
- The Sudbury Cluster Children’s Centres support parents to be resilient when experiencing challenging situations.
- They refer parents to Kernos to help them achieve good mental wellbeing, so enabling them to become good parents.
- They discuss and encourage parents to come to Kernos for counselling to work through their problems. They offer side-by-side childcare whilst counselling takes place, which helps parents to take this step.
- A Kernos therapist provides an out-reach service to Haverhill Children’s Centres.
- Hive is made up of a group of established local organisations, all with a wealth of experience and expertise, working together to provide support, training opportunities, services and advice to vulnerable individuals within our community.
Suffolk Voluntary & Statutory Partnership for Mental Health
- The Suffolk VASP is a local network for all parties concerned with, and interested in, mental health.
- Its aims are to raise awareness, reduce stigma, share information and improve communication about mental health issues.
- First set up over a decade ago, the network is recognised by many as a reliable voice for service providers, government bodies, charitable organisations, practitioners, carers and users of mental health related services alike.
Community Action Suffolk
- Community Action Suffolk is a charity which serves the voluntary and community sector, such as those working with young people, communities, & volunteers.
- Kernos has been awarded the CAS Quality Standard Award – evidence that we are a safe, well run provider of services to children and young people.
- This Award is endorsed by Suffolk County Council and the Suffolk Safeguarding Children Board
Suffolk Association of Counselling
- The SAC Directory is the ‘bible’ for Counsellors in Suffolk – it lists only people who belong to a professional organisation, adhere to a professional code of ethics and who hold public liability insurance.
- The SAC financially supports relevant training, lectures and workshops for members and occasionally organises counselling training and events.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The BACP is a membership organisation and registered charity that sets the standards for therapeutic counselling practice as well as providing information for therapists, clients of therapy and the general public.